What Information do we collect through this Web Site?
In general, you can visit our website without revealing any information about yourself. When you visit this Web Site, the BL Technology Corporation web server automatically collects a limited amount non-identifying information about your online visit for statistical purposes regarding how our visitors interact with us online. These statistics contain no personal information (we describe what is meant by "personal information" below) and are used only by BL Technology Corporation staff. The information collected from your visit is as follows:
- the Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access this Web Site;
- the type of browser and operating system used to access BL Technology Corporation's Web Site;
- the date and time you access BL Technology Corporation's Web Site;
- the pages you visit on BL Technology Corporation's Web Site; and
- the address of another Web site link, if any, that brought you to BL Technology Corporation's Web Site.
BL Technology Corporation collects and uses this information in an aggregate manner to help make this Web Site more useful and to help us better understand how people are using this Web Site.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
"Personal information" is information about an identifiable individual, for example, your name, address, telephone number and other similar information. Any personal information collected, used or disclosed by BL Technology Corporation through this Web Site, if any, is subject to and managed by BL Technology Corporation according to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Ontario). This means that:
- we only collect personal information:
- that is necessary for the operation of this Web Site; or
- with your knowledge and consent and is necessary for the provision of goods and services that you request;
- you will be informed, at the point of collection, that your personal information is being collected and the purpose(s) for which it is being collected;
- any personal information collected will only be used and disclosed subject to your consent for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, for consistent purpose(s) or as required or permitted by law;
- you have a right to request access to and/or request correction of your personal information that is in BL Technology Corporation's custody or control ;
Your Internet domain name or IP address, which we collect, may identify you depending, in large part, on the naming standards followed by your Internet service provider. However, we do not use or disclose this information other than for and in aggregate and statistical purposes and form. Still, you may wish to ask your Internet Service Provider about their policies and practices regarding naming standards.
Personal information collected by BL Technology Corporation is not disclosed externally, unless you have given your consent or disclosure is required or permitted by law, although BL Technology Corporation reserves the right to share non-identifying aggregate or statistical data compiled using personal information.
Only authorized BL Technology Corporation employees with a business need to know have access to personal information and we safeguard personal information according to established security standards and procedures, and we continually assess new technology for protecting information.
What else should I know about my privacy when online?
Links. BL Technology Corporation has links to other Web sites. While BL Technology Corporation takes measures to ensure that these links are to reputable organizations, BL Technology Corporation is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of linked Web sites. You are encouraged to review each Web site's privacy policies or practices in order to protect you privacy.
Security. We will protect personal information with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in question. Where we have determined, acting reasonably, that there has been unauthorized or illegal third party activities with respect to personal information, we may choose to or may be required to disclose personal information we have collected to law enforcement agencies.
Changes to this Policy
BL Technology Corporation 2005
All Rights Reserved